Kandinsky Vasili ,
Oil on canvas
107 x 89,5
State Russian Museum
Пост. в 1926–1928 из МХК через ГИНХУК, Ленинград
This work is one of several compositions with ovalsthat Kandinsky painted in the late 1910s. Like theothers, it is completely abstract, though one canalso read associations with a certain objective reality.The small cupolas of the church and thefields, outlined by a black oval and seen fromabove, link this musical expression of the state ofthe artist’s soul to the real pictures of life that evokesuch feelings and emotions.
Kandinsky, Wassily (Vasily Vasilyevich)
1866, Moscow - 1944, Neuillysur-Seine (France)
Painter, graphic artist, book illustrator, writer on painting and poetry. Studied law and political economy at the Moscow University (1885-93). Studied art at Anton Aube's private studio (1896-97) and the Akademie Franz von Stuck in Munich (1900). One of the founders of the Phalanx group (1901), organised the Neue Kimst-lervereinigung in Munich (1909). Contributed to the exhibitions of the Jack of Diamonds (1910, 1912), Der blaue Reiter (1911-12) and Galerie Der Strum (1913). Worked for Department of An, People's Commissariat of Education (1918), headed the Museum of Painterly Culture in Moscow (1919-20). Emigrated to Germany (1921) and France (1933).